Sunday, September 14, 2008

Overdue Update

Time for an overdue update. Hopefully this will fill you in on what's been going on!

Can I just say - I love my job! I have always been a band geek, and it's the coolest thing in the world that I get to be in band all day long! And I'm really lucky that I get to deal with such a wide variety of ages. I get to teach 5th-12th grade everyday. Now, it is kind of a hassle to drive to three different schools everyday, but it's worth it. All of the bands are getting better and better, and I get so much support from the community - it's like they think I walk on water! Hopefully I can keep fooling them :) I'm just really lucky that I get to go to my dream job everyday. I'm having a blast!

Okay, now onto some baby updates. I have still been really sick!! I've now thrown up 95 times, and I've lost 38 lbs. This last week was really rough for me. On Tuesday, I started to have really severe pain on the right side of my stomach again, and I was worried it was that blasted ovary! I called the doctor from the school and they told me to come in right away. It turned out to be nothing, and they weren't concerned. But they did happen to do an ultrasound, and we were able to find out the of the baby early!! Drumrole please.................... we are having a little 'girl!! I'm putting a picture in, but nobody seems to understand it. It's upside-down because I think it's easier to see that way. But, just know that the arrow at the bottom is pointing directly to her "girl parts." And the other picture is just a cute one of her profile. I love it.




9 comments:

Gina said...

Congrats on the baby being a girl - they are soooo fun to dress. You have never met me (I don't think), but I am Corey's wife Gina Aldridge. Corey is Kirk's cousin. Just thought I would say hi since I started checking out your blog lately. I love that you love being a teacher. I am a science teacher (9th grade) and I love it too. We have a blog, check it out if you want at http://awesomealdridges.blogspot.com. I hope you start feeling better soon!

sNick said...

Very, very cool.

Amber said...

I can not believe how sick you have been - that is so crazy. And I am so sorry. The thing about pregnancy really sucking, though, is that is prepares you for labor. You get to the point that you're like, 'I don't care what you have to do to me, just get this baby out!'

And hopefully she's just an angel when she arrives to make up for all this crumminess. I love you tons and hope you feel better. Yay for little girls!

Criscell said...

CONGRATS!! Girls are SOOO fun! Get ready for lots, and lots and lots of PINK! I'm so sorry you're still sick--ugh! How do you ever teach being that sick?! Are you going to keep teaching after you have her? Any names yet?

Erin said...

I'm glad it was nothing to be worried about, and I'm even more excited that it is a girl! How fun. I seriously felt like I was 'officially pregnant' once I knew it was a boy. Here's to hoping that you don't break triple digits on the throwing up :(

Nick and Terryn said...

Congratulations on having a girl! They are sooo much fun! Well I may be a tad bit biased. Sorry to hear you have been so sick, throwing up is the worst. Hopefully you will start feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

YEAH it's a Girl!!! Seriously having your first being a girl is awesome!!! They become mini moms!!! They love to help and mimic every little thing that you do, they think mom is the greatest. They are also Daddy's little princess and they work it!!! I can't wait to meet her!!! Ditto on the triple digit comment. I wish I had a super fix. Love you guys!!!

Taren said...

Congratulations! Now I guess you can start focusing on girl names. How exciting for you guys.

That is a one lousy way to loose a bunch of weight. It will all be worth it though. I hope your teeth are doing okay. Make sure to take care of them. I hated toothpaste when I was prego. It always made me gag. I figured my kids wouldn't want a toothless mom, so I brushed.
Good luck.

patshala said...

Congratulations! Little girls are so fun and adorable! All of the sickness through the pregnancy will be worth it once you are holding your sweet baby girl!!