Thursday, January 15, 2009

Emalee Karen Tingey is Here!!

After 19 hours of labor, our little one finally arrived!! My water broke on the 13th at 10:30 pm and we went straight to the hospital. I wasn't in much pain for most of it. Before the epidural I thought that I might die! But, I received the epi at 7:30 this morning, and it seemed to be smooth (but slow) sailing from there. Finally, about 4:45 they told me that I was dilated enough to start pushing. And then it was really quick! She came out at 5:14 pm, she weighed 6 lbs 9 oz, and was 19 1/2 inches long. And she's perfect!! What a cutie! I immediately crashed after she was born and took an hour nap. But, we've been chillin' with her ever since. She's already making the funniest faces, and we love her so much! Pictures will be coming soon!

15 comments:

Giles Fam said...

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see her!

Jeff and Kandis said...

yeah! congrats! pictures please!!

Monette and Mark said...

I'm so excited for you guys! It seems like it's been a long road and now she's finally here! I'm sure it feels so worth it. Congrats to the new mommy and daddy.

Kiersten said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! We're so excited for you... we think girls are the best! So fun! We can't wait to see her!!

Reid Family said...

So excited for you. She looks adorable. We love you. Enjoy the clothes.

Erin said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad she's here healthy and strong. Best advice I received...keep your sense of humor about it all. It is really easy to get super stressed about things...just remember to laugh. I can't wait to see the pictures.

samiandcase said...

congrats! i bet she is beautiful! cant wait to see pictures

Ashley Israelsen said...

Congrats! Sorry I never made it the shower, but our Elias made his appearence that weekend. After Hillary has her baby we'll have to get together to show of our kids! How weird that we're old! :)

Criscell said...

CONGRATS!!! I'm sooo happy for you that all went well--for both mother and baby. I'm sure she's just adorable.

Anna said...

Hooray! Congratulations! I am so excited that she is here and that everything went well. Aren't epiderals the best. I thought I was in heaven after mine starting working! I can't wait to see pictures. I am sure she is beautiful. Aren't they so precious. I am so happy for you and Kirk!

Caren and Dustin Robison said...

Janelle I am SO excited for you. I'm glad that everything went well for you and I must say that you choose the coolest middle name.

Ryan and Melissa said...

Congratulations Tingeys! We're so excited for you and looking forward to seeing pictures! Hope everyone is doing well.

linds said...

Seriously SO happy for you guys!!!

ChrisandLindsay said...

Congrats Janelle!!!! I'm so excited and happy for you guys!! Good luck with everything. (P.S. I found your blog off of Sydney's friend list.)

Lindsay Bell