Sunday, September 6, 2009

Our little crawler...almost!

She's so funny about not wanting to be on her belly. We always try and put her there so she'll will start crawling. Here are the many stages we go through:


This is how she is at first. She just lays there - almost trying to be defiant! It's so cute.
But, then she realizes that there might be some cool toys lying around. So she starts to explore.


Finally, she gets a toy and it goes straight to her mouth.



Then, she realizes things aren't so bad and she'll lift herself totally up and start to move around a little bit! So close to crawling.


And then we get the look and cry of distress! Please help, she says!! You can see it in her face :) Someday soon, she'll start crawling.

10 comments:

Kirk and Janelle Tingey said...

And I would just like to brag a little bit and say that I made her bow :)

Kiersten said...

Oh she is such a pretty little girl! I love her eyes! That's so funny about her hating tummy time--Caleb hates it, too! That's how we got him to roll over--we put him on his stomach and it made him so mad that he just eventually grunted himself onto his back. I guess he'll be following in Emalee's footsteps pretty soon!

linds said...

Man your kid is CUTE!! I love the series of "almost crawling" pictures.

linds said...

Ok, hold on, I just saw that you made her bow. You're amazing nelle, I sure I hope have a girl next, then you can teach me how :)

The Wood Family said...

She is beautiful and you are talented at bow-making. I tried making bows and they looked so crappy - oh well. :)

Audra said...

pretty soon now. thats what erinn would do. and then one day she realized she can move her hands too with out falling and off she went. your life is going to be a little more adventurous.

White Family said...

Oh she is sooo cute. Before you know it, she will be all over the place! How fun!

The Wood Family said...

She is SO CUTE Janelle. When are you coming to Kaysville again? :)

SarahandFrancisco said...

That video is great! She just gets cuter and cuter guys, seriously. Can't wait to see you all again!

sNick said...

Hey! I just got your message and I sent you an email. Do you still have the smellynell address? They've needed a bit of help lately, so they might have some work, but it's just a temporary surge. I asked Tarin to send you Wendy's email address so that you can see if they need some help right now. If you don't hear from her, give me a call and I'll get you the info you need. Your baby's adorable!