Saturday, February 16, 2008

Tragedy

It was a very scary day for all of us at Snake River High School yesterday. We had a student who became suicidal and came to school with a gun. They put the school on lockdown, and there were a ton of police with assault rifles searching the school for the student. The students were terrified, but around 4:30-5:00 they were finally evacuated. They cleared out the school because they were worried that the student might cause harm to others or to himself. By the time we were all evacuated we were so relieved that no one was hurt. However, the police finally found the student. He walked out to a field behind the High School and shot himself. I was so devestated to learn this news. I cried for a long while last night. This is such a close-knit community, and they care for eachother so much. I know that this is going to be so hard for everyone. My prayers go out to the student's family. I've posted a news link down below for more information.

http://www.localnews8.com/global/video/popup/pop_player.asp?ClipID1=2201587&h1=Snake%20River%20High%20School%20Student%20Found%20Dead&vt1=v&at1=News&d1=577567&LaunchPageAdTag=News&activePane=info&playerVersion=1&hostPageUrl=http%3A//www.localnews8.com/global/story.asp%3Fs%3D7881748&rnd=54320776

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is soo sad!

Anna said...

That is so scary! I am so happy that you are okay Janelle and that no one was hurt.

Sara Love said...

Wow, Janelle. I'm so very sorry to hear that. That is awful. That poor family. I'm glad that you are okay and no one else was harmed.

T.J., Lindsay, Drew, and Cameron Stevens said...

Your mom told us about that on Sunday night! How sad...those three years of High School are so hard, I feel so bad for that boy's family! I'm just glad that you are ok!

meng said...

I am so sorry to hear that. That is just so sad. I am glad that you are good though. Hope that your day gets better.

Ben and Cortney said...

Janelle,
I am so sorry! We are so grateful, and glad that you are ok. We hope that you start feeling better soon.