Monday, August 4, 2008

61

61 is the new number. "New number for what?" you might ask. Well, 61, as of yesterday, is the number of times I have thrown up in about a month and a half!!!! Pregnancy is the pits!! And here is another number for you - 27. That is how many lbs I've lost!!! I'm not as bothered by that number of course :) But, it has made me really worried about how my baby is doing. The baby is doing great!!! The heartbeat is strong, and all is as it should be! My baby is a trooper :)

We had a scare last week. I couldn't stop myself from throwing up, and I knew that something was not right. Luckily, we had a doctors appt on Monday, and they seemed worried about how much weight I'd lost and how dehydrated I was. So, they made me stay there for an extra 2 hours so they could hook me up to an IV and pump some meds and fluids into me. It made me start to feel better, and the week following seemed to go pretty well - I only threw up a few times.

A horrible picture of me hooked up to the IV

My hand with the IV - and my really cute watch ;)

They had to basically put my hand in a cast afterward!!
We are just so glad that the baby is doing okay. I'm 14 weeks along today, so I'm hoping that I will stop being sick anytime now. Well, hopefully before I have to start teaching again in 2 weeks!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Uh, Janelle Im so sorry you've been so sick. Just remember, this too shall pass. It does get better. The doctors put me on IV's during my first trimester too. After that I just carried this HUGE water bottle around with me. I student taught while I was pregnant and I actually think being busy helped me not to think about being sick so much... so it was better? Who knows. Feel better!

Erin said...

I sure hope you get to feel better soon. Being sick is by far the worse thing about pregnancy, delivery should be a breeze for you ;) That is great to hear that the baby is doing so well! Please keep us updated.

linds said...

SO sad!!! I feel so bad. I wish you were living closer so I could come clean your house for you or something!! Hopefully the spewing will stop soon. Tell kirk...Cam's faux-hawk is WAY better!!! ;)