Monday, July 12, 2010

My Big Performance

I'm a member of the Caldwell Centennial Band, and it is so much fun.  I get to play my flute, and I love that I still get the opportunity.  I'm probably the youngest player in there, and most of the members are over 70.  It's awesome!  We do concerts in the park every other Monday night during the summer, and this was at one of our concerts.  They always have someone do a kareoke number in the middle to give the players a break, and I was asked to sing!  I was so excited!  I'm singing 'Don't Get Around Much Anymore' and aside from a big voice  in the second verse I think I did pretty good!  I'd love to hear what you think!



Kirk was the one who did the camera work, and while I know how to turn a picture 90 degrees, I have no idea how to do it with a video.  You'll just have to turn your head to watch me ;)

10 comments:

Lacey said...

Love, love, love it!! Soooo good Janelle, you have an amazing talent. I'm jealous of your musical abilities. And how cute that the other band members are over 70. I'll bet they love you! If we're in town one of the days you guys perform, then we're definitely coming to watch! Great job!

sNick said...

I LOVE IT!

Audra said...

i think you did awesome!!! how fun for you!

Ryan and Melissa said...

I love your voice, Janelle! You are so talented!

Melissa said...

Awesome! You definitely have jazz vocalist potential! Sounds like the song was a perfect range for you voice. LOVES!

Hillary said...

Memories of Moonlight Serenade coming flowing back!!! All you need is your red dress and it's like you're back in high school! You did a great job! I've always loved listening to you sing!!

kimmer said...

Nellie, I swear it is Rosemary Clooney in the early years. Sometime, just to see what would happen, you should just try the American Idol and see what they say. Ever since I heard you do that song you sang for your H.S. Senior production I swear there is something there that maybe you should, just for fun mind you, pursue if the opportunity presents itself.
Always love ya,
Auntie Kim

McDowell Family said...

You did such a great job! We were there and the kids were excited they recognized someone!!

Taren said...

I wish I had half your voice! By the way, congratulations to the two of you on another baby. How exciting! Hopefully this pregnancy won't be as uncomfortable.

The Wood Family said...

It's fun to hear you sing again - you have always had one of my FAVORITE voices. Congrats on another girl - fun, fun, FUN!