Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Pictures of Miss America

Well, I know that some of you are dying to see pictures of the behind the scenes at Miss America. I was hoping to bring my camera in to take a bunch of pictures during the pageant, but was told that I would be thrown out if I did. So, I got some pictures of the after party stuff. This was the first time I got to see Jill upclose. I gave her a huge hug!!

Here are those mean judges from the Reality show that didn't like Jill very much. My Aunt went and chewed them out when she saw them. It was hilarious!


Jill made the judges do push ups with her!!

The Army was following Jill around making some sort of documentary. It was kinda cool.

Here's a cute picture of me and my mom waiting to see Jill after the pageant was finally over.

Overall, everything went great! We are all so proud of Jill for being America's choice. She did so great, and never once compromised her standards. Way to go Jill!!

7 comments:

Anna said...

The pageant must have been so much fun to be at. I wish I could have watched it (we don't get TLC). Your sister is amazing. So many of my friends have put posts on their blogs about your sister in hopes that she would win. She has been a great leader and woman to look up to when it comes to following what you believe. Tell her thanks for being true to herself!

Tiffany said...

i was so sad that she didn't make it as far as i thought she would!!! what a fun experience for her, i'm sure! how come the judges didn't like her on the reality series? i wish i could've watched, but we don't get tlc... i had a neighbor dvr the pageant so i could at least watch that... that's weird they wouldn't like her.. i thought she was honestly the cutest one in the competition for sure! and what a down to earth girl!

Sara Love said...

How fun! I didn't get to see the pageant, but have really enjoyed seeing your blog and keeping up to date with what's going on with your sister. Good for her to go as far as she did! I really enjoy seeing your and Kirk's blog. Hope you both are doing well! :) Take care.

linds said...

Hey nelle! Great pictures!! You'll have to email me some of those...I especially love the push up one. I wish you had a picture of DD yelling though....Anywho, I heard you got in an accident! Are you OK? I hope you are! I had so much fun with you guys this past weekend...I hope we can get together again soon!

linds

Unknown said...

Your sister is awesome and we are proud of her and how far she went too. I love those pictures at the party, shows her personality and how fun she is. That is totally cool that you could be there to watch her live!

Unknown said...

Yay! Go Jill. I think that being America's choice should just make you Miss America... I mean, she's who we all wanted. Common people! She proved that America is begging for someone wholesome and REAL!

Unknown said...

Wondering why you didn't put up a picture of me. Just kidding. I also need some of those pics, Nell.