Monday, April 28, 2008

Singing

One of the great parts about my job as a teacher is that I get to teach grades 5-12. I only do band with the 7-12 graders, but my 5th and 6th graders I do band and general music with. I love doing the general music classes! We get to sing fun songs, play a bunch of musical games, and in the process I hope they learn a little bit about music. Sometimes it's a little hard to get kids to want to just sit and sing a bunch of songs in a row - so, to make it more exciting I had them sing their songs in a bunch of different ways: tongue out, lying on the floor, backwards in their chairs, and everyones favorite - upside down. The kids thought it was the craziest thing ever! - They are so easy to please :) I just got to sit and watch them attempt these songs upside-down, so I thought I would take a few pictures
The kids had a blast - and they were excited about singing all of the songs we needed to learn!

2 comments:

kalie said...

Janelle, I am always on the watch for great lessons! This is a fun one that I'd love to find a way to adapt. Thx and congrats on a first year going (apparently) very well!

T.J., Lindsay, Drew, and Cameron Stevens said...

You're so stinkin' awesome! I am still afraid of doing what you do, and it looks like you do a fantastic job!