Friday, May 9, 2008

Beginning Band

Yesterday, my 6th grade Beginning Band had their very first concert ever! We played fabulous songs like When the Saints Go Marching In, and Lightly Row. They were so great! One of them asked me before the concert, "Mrs. Tingey, is it normal to feel like you're going to throw up?" They were really nervous! They played the concert during the school day in front of all of their classmates. Here are a bunch of pictures:


They worked so hard, and I'm so proud of them! Some days I think that I have the coolest job in the world. :)

3 comments:

Aggieland Mom said...

Janelle, I'm so glad you are getting "The Host". I loved it. It's definitely different than "Twilight" and it's a bit slow in the beginning but keep reading. I cried, and laughed and it was totally suspenseful. Let me just say... I love Ian!!!!!! Stephenie is a genious!

sNick said...

Yea for a girl trombonist! Janelle, you are cool. My ticket writing job has nothing on yours. I really like your hair, by the way.

kalie said...

Hi Janelle,
My husband just said he thinks you are a saint to teach band, and I must say I agree. :) I love your new background, and the "owie" pic gave me the giggles. Just wanted to say HEY!