Thursday, May 1, 2008

Mr. Darcy

Growing up, I never even cared about Jane Austen or Pride and Prejudice. Luckily, I had a wonderful roommate in college (Adrian) who introduced me to the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice. I have been in love with it ever since!! I've watched it at least a dozen times since - and since it is so long that is no small feat. I think that I fall in love with Mr. Darcy every time!! And who could blame me?!

Now, because I love the movie so much I have been scared to read the actual book. What if I didn't like it?! Could I really claim to be a Pride and Prejudice fan? Well, today I can say that I've officially finished Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, and I think that I loved every minute of reading it! What a wonderful book! I know that books are always better than the movies, and that is even more true with this book! So, if you haven't read it, go out and read it. I would like to start another Jane Austen book. I was thinking of Emma or Sense and Sensibility - any suggestions?

5 comments:

T.J., Lindsay, Drew, and Cameron Stevens said...

I love the book too, it's so amazing! I haven't read any of the others, but I say that we pick the same one and read it at the same time.....! Am I wierd? Anywho, I pick Emma.

Ben and Cortney said...

Great! I am obsessed with that movie, and love all things Jane Austen (hello my son's name is Austin...actually that has nothing to do with it but it is fun to say that anyway) I love Sense and Sensibility, I would suggest that.

kalie said...

Personally, I say go w/ Persuasion instead. I can't believe you'd never read the book!!!! Anyway, there's this funny article I found about Stephenie Meyer... in Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People, she's number 4something. Anyway, her writeup is about Edward: "Today," writes her biographer, "Mr. Darcy is a vampire." How apropos for your post!

sNick said...

I've never read the books, or seen the movie, but now I'm interested. So, you would pay money to see me hand out tickets? A lot of people do pay money to see that, actually.

Erin said...

I absolutely love the movie as well. I can't tell you how many times I've watched the piano scene. Good times! You've inspired me to read the book.