Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Strawberry Whipped Sensation

So, I haven't really posted in a while because I haven't been doing anything - and I love it!!! School is out for the summer, so I've decided to sleep in, relax, read books, and do whatever I want. It has been wonderful, but not anything that I can really post about. But, I did find this amazing recipe!! It is so easy and soooo yummy. It's also great for summer, and it looks beautiful!

4 cups fresh strawberries, divided
1 can (14 oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tub (8 oz.) Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
10 Oreo cookies, finely chopped
1 tbs. butter, melted

LINE 9x5-inch loaf pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Mash 2 cups of the strawberries in large bowl. Add condensed milk, juice and 2 cups of the whipped topping; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.

MIX chopped cookies and butter. Spoon over whipped topping mixture. Cover with ends of foil and gently press cookie mixture into whipped topping mixture. Freeze 6 hours or until firm.

INVERT dessert onto serving plate when ready to serve; remove pan and foil. Spread remaining whipped topping onto top and sides of dessert. Slice remaining 2 cups strawberries; arrange over dessert. Store leftovers in freezer.


The oreo crust is what makes it insanely yummy! We served it to a bunch of people and they all loved it! And just a note - it really does need the whole six hours to freeze. Give it a try!!

8 comments:

kalie said...

Wow, Janelle! This looks to DIE for DELICIOUS! I think I will give it a try... when I have lots of people to eat it for me! :)

samiandcase said...

that looks fancy! knowing me it would NEVER look like that! ill just have to buy one, can i hire you to make me one? :)

Anonymous said...

I saw this recipe on Good Things Utah a couple of weeks ago and tried it. My family loved it. My husband thought it was icecream. It tastes just like it.

Erin said...

You can't go wrong with strawberries and oreos combined. Sounds and looks delicious! I hope you are enjoying no school. If/when you guys go to Utah at all this summer, we'll probably be down there. It would be great to see you.

Sandy said...

Oh my goodness that looks delicious I am going to have to try it. Thanks for putting the recipe on your blog. :) Looks perfect for my sweet tooth.

Kiersten said...

Janelle? Hi! So...I found your blog through Erin's, and I'm so sad I didn't know about it earlier. It's so fun to read about you. I don't think I've seen you, other than at your wedding, since that random night when you and Nicki and Steph stopped at my apartment in Provo and decided to stay the night. That was so much fun! I've been thinking about you so much lately! I hope things are going well --you look great!

Monette and Mark said...

That looks divine!! I love strawberries and oreos. I've never had the 2 together. Maybe I'll get ambitious enough to try it sometime.

Caren and Dustin Robison said...

J-NELL!!! It's K-Ron (Caren) Oh my gosh! I love that people have links on the side of their website so I can find long lost friends! How are you? Sounds like you are doing great. So your teaching band huh... I'm sure you are the best band teacher ever. And your living in Idaho (I went to BYU-I for 2 years, fun times). And when did you get married and wow I have so many questions. It's so good to 'see' you again. Let me know what you're up to!