Monday, June 23, 2008

Vacation

I haven't posted in a while because I've been on VACATION!! It was wonderful. I drove with my family to a little mountain place in California called Pinecrest. My aunt and uncle have a cabin there, and my family tries to go every summer. I haven't been back there for about 8 years and I missed it so much! I got to see a bunch of places that I used to live, and it brought back a bunch of memories for me! I was so bummed that Kirk was not able to go - he couldn't get out of work and school. But, I'm dragging him with me next year for sure!

This is a picture of the cabin we stayed at which was right next to the lake

And here is a picture of the lake! It is so beautiful.

Here's a picture of me, brother Mitch, and nephew Drew on our first hike


Here's the whole fam - minus Jill.

Brad and I jamming to Jack Johnson in the middle of the forest.
Just hangin' out with Bigfoot at the Strawberry General Store


This is the town of Twain Harte where my family used to live. It was named after Mark Twain and Bret Harte. It's such a tiny town, but we all loved it!

This was one of the house we lived in. I sprained my knee and my ankle at this house!

This is our second house in the area - my step-dad killed a bear in the front yard!!

This is my elementary school! I wish I would have taken a picture of my very first band room :)

Overall, it was a wonderful vacation. It was so great to see my step-sister Julie and her husband Joey again! I hope I get to go back to Pinecrest every summer!

6 comments:

Kiersten said...

Janelle--I've heard so many stories about Twain Harte from you--it was fun to see pictures. It looks beautiful there!

samiandcase said...

a bear in your front yard!!!! yikes!

kalie said...

Vacations are fun! I can't believe that's in Cali. It looks so mountainous!

Erin said...

Family vacations are the best! I'm glad you had such a good time. It's so fun to have fun family traditions like that.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful part of the country! Its so nice to get to spend time with your family. Glad you had a good time!

sNick said...

Hah, I was just going to say the same thing as Kierst! I feel like I know this place! You're were a spoiled kid if you got to spend some time growing up there! I'm staying with some members in a neighborhood that looks a lot like some of your pictures! It's sweet! When you take Kirk back next year, can I come, too? ;)