Saturday, July 19, 2008

Melaleuca Picnic

Today is one of our favorite days of the year, because it was the Melaleuca Picnic!! (side note - Melaleuca is a company that both Kirk and I work part time for.) We love it because there are fun games, a bunch of free food, and they do a huge prize drawing at the end. (another side note - we didn't win anything this year!! we were bummed.)

I had to get a picture of this - they have about 50 actual pigs that they cook and lay out on a table like this, and just scoop some of their parts on to your plate. Meat really grosses me out right now, so it was hard for me to even take this picture!

Kirk and I in line for a three-legged race. We totally rocked! Okay, well we didn't win or anything, but they did give us free movie tickets just for doing it!

We went to the picnic with our good friends the Jensen's. This is Kirk and McKay with a huge piece of the pig from the first picture hanging out of his mouth. Yuck.

Kirk, getting ready to kick some butt in a gunny-sack race! Okay, he didn't win this time either - but it was hilarious just to watch him!! And luckily, I got a video of the whole thing. I'm sure that he is going to love that this is on our blog :)



I love that he tried to put on his hat over that huge wig! We had a great time at the Picnic today!

6 comments:

Kiersten said...

Woah. I'm not pregnant and I don't think I could have eaten that pig after looking at it in the face! I'm jealous of your party--it kind of reminds me of a scene from the pajama game for some reason. I haven't seen that forever--did they have a big party like that in it, or am I just going crazy?

Erin said...

The only thing I wanted to eat when I was pregnant were strawberry shakes or chips and salsa. I don't blame you for not wanting to eat pig. That's when you know you really love someone, when they make a fool of themselves, and you still think they are the best!

Kiersten said...

P.S. Thanks for the comment! I cannot remember that thing about Linsey Yeager. Why did you pay someone to do that? Why did I get mad? Mysteries... (On that note, Linsey's brother-in-law and his wife live in my ward, and I'm her VT. Funny, huh?) Also, who didn't have a crush on Dave Tibbs in Jr. High? Let's all admit it. He was hot. And I definitely remember the Ryan Gregson stuff. That poor boy... Remember that one time when we wrote a note about him in our "code" and those stupid boys got their hands on it and Eric Boyle decoded it and read it on the bus. Worst day ever!!!

kalie said...

Sounds super fun! How are you feeling, BTW?

sNick said...

AH! I would love to see you, but I'm stuck in Provo with a bunch of Gypsies!!! Okay, there aren't any Gypsies, but I am stuck in Provo and I don't have a car. You're not coming this far south, are you? When is the next time you'll be around?

Melissa said...

Ok so I briefly saw you guys at the Picnic but I didn't really get to say hi.

I did want to say CONGRATS!! I'm super excited for you.

I talked to Kirk at work today and was telling him how Happy I was.